Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or NORTH CAROLINA residents who are 21 years of age or older and reside in the GREENSBORO viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WXLV-TV and WMYV-TV (the “Station”), GREENSBORO COLISEUM, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household, if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per person per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
b) To enter, text “FLIP” to 43817 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 43817 to cancel. Text HELP to 43817 for help. By entering, entrants consent to will receive up to one (1) message relating to this contest, from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
c) The contest starts at 10:00 a.m. EST on January 20, 20143, and all entries must be received by 11:59 EST on February 24, 2014. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
d) On February 25, 2014 one (1) first place winner and one (1) second place winner will be selected by random drawing from among all valid and correct entries.
e) By entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestant’s information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station.
1. One (1) first place winner will receive two (2) VIP tickets to the AT&T American Cup Gymnastics on March 1, 2014 at 11:30am. Tickets include food in hospitality area and lower level seats. Estimated retail value of the prize is $300. One (1) second place winner will receive four (4) tickets on the lower level to March 1, 2014 at 11:30am. Estimated retail value of prize is $300. The Station and sponsor are not responsible if the event is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3 days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 3500 Myer Lee Dr. Winston-Salem, NC and www.abc45.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WXLV/WMYV-TV, 3500 Myer Lee Dr., Winston-Salem, NC, 27101 by March 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Greensboro Coliseum accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.