The Big Bang Theory Trivia Contest
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be North Carolina residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WMYV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Buffalo, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WMYV (the “Station”), WXLV, and Warner Brothers Television Distribution, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) Weekdays between September 19, 2011 and December 2, 2011, viewers will be prompted to watch “Big Bang Theory” on WMYV at 7:30 p.m. and look for the daily entry code. Then, to enter, text the code before 5:00 p.m. ET the following day, to the short code 43817. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on September 19, 2011, and ends on December 3, 2011. All entries must be received by Station by 5:00 p.m. the day after the code airs to qualify for the weekly drawing. Entries must be spelled correctly to qualify. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each Monday between September 26, 2011 and December 5, 2011, weekly winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid and correct entries for the prior week, as follows: six (6) weekly winners will be selected on September 26, 2011, and two (2) weekly winners will be selected on each of the following ten (10) Mondays, for a total of twenty-six (26) weekly winners. Valid and correct entries will not carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(e) All entries received that are duplicate (per day), mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Twenty-six (26) weekly winners will be selected. The six (6) weekly winners selected on September 26, 2011 will each receive The Big Bang Theory Season 4 on DVD or Blu-Ray valued at $44.98 DVD or $54.97 Blu-Ray. Twenty (20) weekly winners will each receive two (2) passes to Regal Cinemas valued at $20.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3 days or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries for the respective weekly drawing.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Buffalo, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Buffalo, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Buffalo, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 3500 Myer Lee Drive, Winston – Salem, NC or at MY48.tv
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 3500 Myer Lee Drive, Winston – Salem, NC 27101 by January 30, 2012
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Television of Buffalo, Inc., Warner Brother Television Distribution accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.